Placements at Geoinformatics, IITK
We at IITK, believe in a holistic development of students in the field of Geoinformatics which further enhances a student’s capability in becoming a geoinformatics expert.
Diversity in Geoinformatics at IITK
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
This diversity in the background of people coming to Geoinformatics provides diversity in the courses offered as well as the research work to be carried out.
- Introduction to Remote Sensing and GIS
- Geospatial data processing-Least squares Adjustment and Geodesy
- Precision remote sensing- Photogrammetry and LIDAR
- Global Positioning System
- Image Processing of Remotely sensed Images-Pattern recognition, Machine learning and Statistical Analysis
- Data computing and mapping – Field surveying techniques, Digitization of maps and Cartography
Geoinformatics sees applications across different sectors. As a result of this interlinked growth, the career opportunities in Geoinformatics are always positive.Geoinformatics specialisation at IIT has established a firm reputation amongst the big names of the geoinformatics industry.
A dedicated placement team works round the clock to bring forth the opportunities for students in the Geoinformatics domain. Since the past years we are associated with the following well known industries.
- Trimble Navigation Ltd
- Indian Space Research Organization
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun
- Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore
- DAR group
- L&T ECC
- P N Shidhore Civil Engineers India Pvt. Ltd.
- Deloitte Consulting US-India Pvt. Ltd.
- EXL service
- Opera Solutions
- Vedanta (Hindustan Zinc ltd.)
- VR Techniche
- Nagarro softwares Ltd
The Geoinformatics industry offers umpteen opportunities in every sector be it industry or research. US department of labour has declared, the Geospatial Industry has been declared as a high growth, high demand industry by the US Department of Labour. The picture would be rosy in India too. The need for Geoinformatics services is on the rise by 10-15% per annum. We have been associated with some of the top universities to carry forward our research interests.:
- College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) at the University of Illinois, Chicago
- University of New Brunswick, USA
- IIT Kharagpur
- ISM Dhanbad
- University of Melbourne, Australia
- National University of Singapore
- Virginia Tech, USA
- University of Manitoba, Canada